Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another Day Another Challenge

As the world turns, everything in Ramla Israel seems to be turned upside down after their beloved Women's Basketball team suffered a playoff loss at the hands of a team that they have deemed less talented than their squad. After that loss we have several meetings about how we were an embarrassment and shouldn't have lost and what do we need to fix for the next game. Needless to say we were also told that we spend too much time hanging out and not enough time thinking about basketball, so we were kind of put on curfew (yea right, Im 28 years old). Well my roommates and I decided that we would abide by the rules that have been placed for us and we slept the day away until 9:30pm. Suddenly, we all find ourselves wide awake and unable to leave the house to do anything, so we decide to make a dance video. The video turned out great and we really learned a lot about ourselves that night. Well we came into practice the next day more focused than ever before. We came up with a game plan to contain Mistie Williams and Edwina Brown and ultimately a game plan to win the game!
Game Day people Game Day!! Everyone on the staff is nervous about the game and directing their nervousness on the players but this is when I step up and remind everyone that we have prepared for this moment and this game will be ours! Well tip- off comes and we come out blasting shots and following our game plan to a T!!! Im in my zone, giving my team all that I have and so are my teammates. We win the game by 14 points and everyone is so happy but Im exhausted. I played 39 minutes had 35 points and 17 rebounds all the while battling Mistie Williams who is way strong than I am! So now that we have that victory under our belt we move one step closer to the Israeli Cup title! Now we have a day off.... what am I to do with my time off... SLEEEEEEPPPP!!! On Saturday Ill be sightseeing in Jerusalem with my teammates and assistant coach. Pictures will follow but for now enjoy our dance video!

1 comment: